Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Heave you heard about this Forks Over Knives thing?

Wes' Spicy Bean Darjeeling

There's a new movement or whatever that pretty much isolates animal products (and by-products) as the reason for poor health in our later lives. As you all know I'm lazy so I've only skimmed the website and talked to a few people who have seen the documentary. My information is limited but there certainly can't be anything wrong with eating more fruits, veggies and grains -- especially considering my diet lacks in this area.

This week I tried something new with "Meatless Mondays" and made Spicy Bean Darjeeling! My own creation with rice, beans, peas, carrots and confetti rice. It was good! I surprise myself because I'm still new to cooking stuff. ANYway, while Forks Over Knives inspired me to try something new, but I don't think I could ever give up cheese. Or chicken. Or a good steak...

No comments: